Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lovely foggy day...

I loved the summer I spent in England when I was in college.  It was foggy every morning until it would burn off around 9:30.  Everything just seemed greener and cleaner.  This morning, I awoke to fog thick enough to make everything wet outside.  Ah...

I was really enjoying the fog until I found muddy little dog prints from the back door, through the living room, into our bedroom on the carpet and on the tile in our bathroom up to the trash can by the toilet.  Grrr!


Sure enough, I looked out the back door and saw the garden gate wide open.  Those same muddy prints came out of the garden and up the sidewalk up to the back door.  I closed the gate because I didn't want to spend all day cleaning muddy prints off the floors and carpet. 

Sometimes I experience sin "prints" on my heart and mind because I ignore the need to close a gate to temptation or selfishness.  I've learned that it's much easier to close those "gates" as soon as I discover them.  And I am very grateful that I have an Abba Father who loves me and helps me clean up the mess. 

Now that the gate is closed, my little dog can go outside and not bring the mess inside.  And I can enjoy the lovely foggy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment