Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Come on Fall...


Even though the temperatures outside don't reflect that it will officially be Fall in eighteen days, I couldn't wait to put out the Fall decor today.  I love Fall!  Fall means cooler temperatures (eventually), pumpkins, beautiful colorful leaves, golden sunshine, soups, sweaters, jackets and boots, Fall lifegroup classes and fellowships, and the promise of the coming holiday season.  Fall also means focusing on harvest produced by hard work, giving thanks to God for what He provides, and giving to others through hospitality.

I'm going to have a busy Fall this year.  My honey and I are teaching a 5 Days to a New Marriage class.  I'm teaching Grown-up Girls on Tuesday mornings and have two speaking engagements in October.  I'm also taking a genealogy class at our local public library.  It's a free class and the people I've met are most interesting.  I've learned a lot from the last class I took and discovered I still have relatives in Scotland.  I also discovered the military service of my great great grandpa for the Union in the Civil War.  It is so interesting to learn more about these people from which I came!  My honey asked me why I was so curious about my ancestors and I told him that besides loving history, I am searching for my spiritual heritage.  Who was it who first loved the Lord so that it was passed down through the generations?  I'll let you know what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment