Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Say it ain't so...

Wow!  I can't believe it has been 6 months since I last wrote a post!  That's half a year...

My honey and I have continued to be busy with our lifegroup and mentoring, but that is not what has kept me from writing this blog.  Last June, God put an idea in my heart to write a Bible study for young married women based on the Proverbs 31 woman.  Since then, every extra moment I had after I finished household chores and that my honey wasn't home, was spent on studying, writing, editing, rewriting and rewriting.  Two of my young friends went through the Bible study with me once I felt it was ready.  Then, it was back to editing and rewriting with all the fall and winter holidays thrown in. 

Well, I am excited to let you all know that you will be able to get Grown-up Girls late spring or early summer from Lifeway Bookstores.  I'm especially excited that my daughter, Rachael, took the cover photo. Grown-up Girls exposes the lie that we, as women, must have perfect lives with perfect families, perfect homes, and perfect bodies; also discussing what makes us feel like broken little girls, instead of mature happy grown-up girls.  So many women I talk to are overwhelmed with lies and don't know the truth that sets them free.  Topics that are covered include:  value, marriage, work ethic, health, balance, attitudes and real happiness.

Grown-up Girls is also practical as helpful tips and forms are included for menu and meal planning, clothing, household chores and more.  Has it tickled your interest yet?  It's written in a format that would allow someone to go through the Bible study by themselves and it would also be encouraging to go through with some friends or neighbors.  I will also let you know when my author's website is up and running. 

As I have started writing the next Bible study, I will attempt to write at least one post weekly including all the same "goodies" you all have become accustomed to finding here at Nanna's Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment