Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Easter is coming...

Now that we have grandchildren, the backyard becomes the setting for an egg hunt each year at Easter.  The dilemma becomes whether or not this practice is Christian or pagan.  If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know my heart is to use any opportunity to teach the truth.  My grands are growing up in a world where the real truth is proclaimed less and less. 

So, of course, I will use the Easter egg hunt as a tool to teach my grands the truth of Jesus' death and resurrection.  Since they are still pre-schoolers, the clues and story will be fairly simple.  More clues and story details will be added each year as they get older.

This year, I want to start a new tradition of calling the egg hunt an Easter Treasure Hunt and we will be hunting for the treasure of truth using clues and items they are familiar with to understand the Easter story.  Next week, I will share the details with you so you can have your own Easter Treasure Hunt with your own kiddos, if you choose.

Today, I leave you with this hint - a miniature door.  Next time you see this little door, it will look like a door into an old secret garden.  Hmmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment