Thursday, March 28, 2013

The resurrection...

In a recent interview, I was asked what the resurrection meant to me.  My answer...

Because of the resurrection, we can know that Jesus is who He says He is and that His Word is true. 

Because of Jesus' death and resurrection, we can know the truth and be set free from the power of sin in our lives.  And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

Because Jesus set us free from the power of sin, we can know that everything that happens in our lives has purpose.  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28

Because of that freedom and purpose, we receive comfort from Him when life is difficult.  He then uses us to comfort other people because we understand what they are going through.  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort;  who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.  2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Because of the resurrection, I will get to spend eternity with God and my believing loved ones, never to be separated from them again!  And I get to do that with a new body, free from pain or disease!  Hallelujah!

Now, for the final pictures of our Easter treasure hunt goodies:



These raw items turned into these:







I can't wait to see how my grands respond to the treasure hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment