Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Alpha and Omega...

Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
Revelation 22:12-13


In Greek, Alpha is the first letter of the alphabet and literally means the firstOmega is the last letter in the alphabet and means finality.  There is nothing before Him and He will never cease to exist.


And He is the image of the invisible God, the first heir of all creation.  For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created by Him and for Him.  And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.   
Colossians 1:15-17


Do you get the sense that without Jesus, the Alpha and Omega, everything would fall apart?!   Interesting!  I think I need to think about what that means throughout my day...


Unusual Christmas Decorations

My friend, Pam, is a decorator by profession and I get so many ideas for unusual decorations when I go to her house.  Here are a few of my favorites:  placing large heavy ornaments on candlesticks, hanging ornaments on lamps and piling ornaments in trays and bowls.







Today's Recipe - My Mom's Potato Casserole
It just wouldn't be Christmas without my mom's potato casserole!  It's great with brisket, really any meat.  Add some cubed turkey ham with green beans on the side and you have a complete meal.  This recipe is easy and so good!

2 pounds frozen hash brown potatoes
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried minced onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pint sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp pepper

Thaw potatoes and mix all the ingredients.  Bake in a sprayed 9x13 glass baking dish.

Optional topping:
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups crushed cornflakes
or
2 cups crushed potato chips

No comments:

Post a Comment