Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Savior...

I'm sorry there wasn't a post on Friday - we were on the road to get our oldest daughter and grandson to bring them home for a visit before Christmas.  And yesterday we didn't have internet service...  But I'm back home and enjoying our visitors.  I've got major spoiling to get caught up on with our grandson who is the cutest little bundle of smiling energy.  Now back to the names of Jesus...

And we have beheld and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.  
1 John 4:14

Savior - One who brings deliverance from the power and effects of sin, according to Webster's Dictionary. 
In the Greek, Savior means a deliverer, one who heals and makes whole.  Too often people hear that they need a Savior so they won't go to hell.  Well, yes. Because He is my Savior, I won't go to hell when I physically die but will go into His presence in heaven. 

But our Savior brings us so much more!  As Webster's states, He also delivers us from the power of sin and its effects in our lives.  He heals us in so many ways and makes us whole people no matter what experiences we have had in this life.  I have been a Christian for almost 50 years and I am constantly amazed by what I learn about myself and my Savior through studying His Word and through talking to Him about my joys and sorrows. 

We don't have to wait for death to benefit from having a relationship with the Savior.  We can enjoy those benefits now - every day!


Christmas Decoration

A couple of years ago, I bought some large shatterproof ornaments to put in the wire basket outside the front door to bring a splash of color and sparkle to the porch.  I tucked in a bit of greenery and a velvet bow.



Today's Recipe - Pretzel Bark
Food and Family

1 cup chopped pretzels
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 1/2 pkgs. (12 squares) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, melted

Stir pretzels and nuts into chocolate; spread onto waxed paper-covered baking sheet.  Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.  Break into pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment