Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A dog named Mace...

Ok, I'm going to start today's post with a funny story that is part of a packet of funny stories and puns I found while sorting through the piles of paper in my craft room.  Unfortunately, I have no idea who wrote it.

A Dog Named Mace

A mechanic who worked out of his home had a dog named Mace.  Mace had a bad habit of eating all the grass on the mechanic's lawn, so the mechanic had to keep Mace inside. The grass eventually became overgrown.  One day the mechanic was working on a car in the backyard and dropped his wrench, losing it in the tall grass.  He couldn't find it for the life of him, so he decided to call it a day.  That night, Mace escaped from the house and ate all the grass in the backyard.  The next morning the mechanic went outside and saw his wrench glinting in the sunlight.  Realizing what had happened he looked toward the heavens and proclaimed, "A grazing Mace, how sweet the hound, that saved a wrench for me!"

Ha ha ha ha!!  I hope you don't mind - I sure love a funny story! 

Back to this week's topic - food:

nutritive material taken into a living organism to sustain life, to promote growth and the repair of tissues, and to give energy for the vital processes.
Zondervan Bible Dictionary

Today, I'm just going to post some of the Bible verses that specifically talk about our mindset towards food.

Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial.  Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything.  Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will destroy them both.
1 Corinthians 6:12-13

For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.  Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame.  Their mind is on earthly things.
Philippians 3:18-19

Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor and drowsiness clothes them in rags. 
Proverbs 23:20-21

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

Tomorrow, I will talk about some of the effects of poor nutrition.

Decor

Being creative with what you already have is not only fun, it is also easy on the budget!  I found this photo frame when I was cleaning out a closet and decided to use it in my craft room.  But, I didn't have any photos.  Hmm...what to do?  Ah, ha!  The decorators on HGTV put scrapbook paper, fabric and wallpaper samples in frames all the time.  So, that's what I did.  I found some pink and black scrapbook paper and put that paper in the two end frames.  Then I used one of the tiebacks (they came with the curtains but I opted not to use them) and cut a piece to fit the middle frame.  Free art!!


I went through my cupboards and closets and found this silver bucket for all my scissors and the rosebud vases for my paint brushes and colored pencils.  Again, free!



Today's Recipe - Easy Creamy Tomato Soup
Taste of Home

1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 T. butter
1/8 - 1/4 tsp onion powder
dash pepper
2 cups milk (you can substitute rice or almond milk)

In a saucepan, combine the first four ingredients.  Bring to a simmer over medium heat.  Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil).  Yield: 2 servings 

No comments:

Post a Comment