Monday, February 28, 2011

He loves you...

I hope you know God loves you He really loves you!  He is the only person in your life that knows you better than you know yourself and still loves you!  He's the only person in your life who will never be so overwhelmed by his own issues that you will become invisible to Him.  He is there for you 24/7!! 

Today's Funny Story
Recently a guy in Paris nearly got away with stealing several paintings from the Louvre.  However, after planning the crime, breaking in, evading security, getting out and escaping with the goods, he was captured only two blocks away when his Econoline van ran out of gas.

When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied, "I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh."

Hee hee!

Preparedness
Ok, last week I told you that we would be talking about preparedness this month.  Little did I know how important this would become.  We had high winds, up to 70 mph gusts, and wild fires in our area yesterday. Over 85 families lost their homes.  Alot of them had ten minutes to evacuate and escaped with family and pets and very little else.  No one could imagine that so many homes would be lost in grass fires. 

We have several more days of high winds coming and no rain in the forecast, so I plan on being prepared if we have to evacuate.  It will be good practice for tornado season, too.  So, before I go to bed tonight, I will put together "bug out bags".  After reading several websites and gathering information, I will pack two small bags (one for each of us) with a change of clothing, an extra pair of shoes, vitamins, water, some snacks, and our showering and getting ready stuff - all packed in baggies.  Then, I'll pack a book bag with our Bibles, photo albums and essential papers. The bags will sit ready to go on the vanity in our bathroom.  We will also charge our phones tonight, near the bags, and make a list of the things that we would want to grab that are not replaceable, then tape the list to the mirror where I can easily find it.  If a fire starts near us, we will then gather the items on the list and put them in the car along with the bug out bags and book bag. 

Since we have two dogs, I need to put together a little bag for them with leashes, plastic bowls, a baggy of food and some water. 

Obviously, this will take some thought to be sure I'm not forgetting something important, so I will walk around the house and look in the garage to make sure I have the essentials and irreplaceable valuables.  It's a start and definitely better than being unprepared! 

Decor

When I was sorting through the paper piles in my craft room last week, I ran across this idea for using upside down crystal as a candle stick.  I tried it in a couple of places. Cute!









Today's Recipe - Don't Tell the Kids it's Healthy Pasta Sauce

I did a little experimenting in the kitchen the other night and came up with this yummy pasta sauce.

1 pound ground grass fed beef
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 tsp garlic powder or 1 T minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/4 cup sucanat sugar
6.5 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 - 6oz cans tomato paste
28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 shredded zucchini 
1 cup water

Brown the ground beef with the onion.  Add all the spices and sucanat.  Cook for two more minutes.  Add the mushrooms, vinegar, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, zucchini and water. Stir until everything is combined.  Bring to a boil then turn heat down and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.  Serve over your favorite pasta.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment