Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our daily bread...

Our Father, who is in heaven,
hallowed is your name.
Your kingdom come, Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us today our daily bread...

When we ask God to give us our daily bread, we can expect Him to provide the food our bodies need to survive.  For most of us, He has provided jobs so we can buy food.  There are many people in our country today who don't have jobs.  This request has become so vital to them.  God knows their need and puts people and organizations in their lives through which He can provide food for these families.  My honey and I enjoy helping out families that God brings to our attention.  Thank you, God, for our daily food!

Decor

Our middle daughter has a gift for making cute decorative pillows. She made the sweetest pillows out of my dad's shirts for all of us for Christmas after he passed away.  I'm better at finding coordinating fabric to make simple square pillows and I found some pretty brown and cream zebra outdoor fabric that was on sale at JoAnn Fabric.  It is a sturdy fabric and because it is outdoor fabric will stand up better and should wipe off to clean.  I bought 1 1/4 yards of fabric so I would be sure to have enough to make two 18" square pillows - allowing for a 1/2 inch seam. 

I cut two 19 x 37 rectangles, folded each in half (right sides together) then sewed around the other three sides leaving a 4" opening for stuffing. 




I trimmed each corner so the corners would be sharp when I turned the pillow right side out.





At this point, the pillows were pretty wrinkled so I ironed them then stuffed them to the desired plumpness. I only used a little over half of the bag of Poly-Fil. A quick stitching with needle and thread closed the opening.


 The finished pillows provide that punch of texture and pattern for the guest bed.


Tomorrow:  The last little touch above the headboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment