Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A book from the library...

My granddaughter dearly loves to read, so we went to the library to get some books for her to enjoy while she is here visiting.  I had no clue we could check out fifty children's books at one time!

I found a book entitled, The Deuteronomy Project, by Richard B. Couser.  The description on the cover sounded intriguing, so I checked it out.  It had been all too long since I had read a book...

Well, so far I've read two chapters and let me tell you, this is not going to be an easy quick read!  The story is about a lawyer who is challenged by a retired pastor to study the book of Deuteronomy with him.  I have written down several quotes already from the book that provoked deep thought within myself and frank discussion with one of my daughters.  So, I would be remiss if I didn't share them with you.  I'll take it easy on you - only one quote per day!

Today's quote - (speaking of God's Word) "Truth and goodness are communicated through beauty. The music and poetry of it awaken our sensitivity to meaning.  The Holy Spirit is not a hack writer."

How many times do we read God's Word and skim over the words not paying attention to the music and poetry it contains?  How much we miss!


Fly Lady

Wednesday is Anti-Procrastination Day. 
Make a list of the projects around the house that you've been putting off.  Pick your least favorite and get it done!  Remember to give yourself a time limit and set your timer to keep yourself moving.


Decoration

While I was at my daughter's new home helping her get settled, I noticed the dog's kennel in the corner of the dining room.  She really didn't want it there, but doesn't have much choice.  Their little dog has to be able to see outside when she is in the kennel or she becomes very anxious and bad things happen.  Let's just say, no pillow is safe!  All the windows in the house are high and there are French doors in the dining room, thus the kennel is in the dining room.


So, I took some fabric her mother-in-law gave her from tablecloths she had made for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding rehearsal dinner and made a cover for the kennel.  All four sides are separate flaps that fold up so the pup can see out.  Then, when my daughter wants the kennel covered up, she can fold down each side.  It is much nicer to look at in the dining room now.


No comments:

Post a Comment