Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter is coming...

I had a great time with my grandson for the last three weeks.  He is such a character!  I also enjoyed helping my daughter and son-in-law get settled into their new home.  I have pictures of the crafts and recipes we made and decorations that were put up.  I hope they will be inspiration for you in your home over the next couple of weeks!

Now, I look forward to seeing my granddaughter and her parents this weekend for Easter.  She is getting so big and can carry on a conversation.  I can't wait!

Just a little note:  Did you know that without Easter, Christmas would be meaningless?  We celebrate Jesus' coming at Christmas, but the reason He came is what we celebrate at Easter.  He came and He died.  But what makes Him different from everyone else is that He didn't stay dead - He rose from the grave!  Jesus now sits at the right hand of God and will be coming back soon to reign over the earth.  Maranatha!  And because He lives, we have the promise of eternal life with Him!


Fly Lady

How have you been doing with your Fly Lady schedule?  My daughter is SO glad they are unpacked and her new house is organized so she can get her schedule going again.

Today is plan and play day.  This would be a great time to plan Easter dinner and activities!


Middle East Update

There is still a lot going on in the Middle East and interesting developments have been happening daily.  Passover (the celebration of God freeing the Israelites from slavery in Egypt) is this Friday.  If you don't know about Passover, I would encourage you to do a search on the internet. Jesus was the ultimate Passover Lamb!


Recipe

Do you remember these from Christmas?


We adapted this same sweet for Easter by using Hugs instead of Kisses and Easter M&Ms.  They turned out really cute!



The top picture has M&M speckled Easter eggs and the bottom picture has Easter peanut M&Ms.

Put pretzels on a cookie sheet.  Place one Hug on each pretzel and put in a 250 degree oven for 2-4 minutes until Kiss is soft enough to push M&M down into the middle.  Let cool completely.

My daughter put half a dozen of these treats in cute Easter cupcake liners with a little Easter grass, then wrapped them in plastic, tying them with curly ribbon for a youth bake sale.  So cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment