Friday, May 10, 2013

Almost finished...

I thought I was going to be able to sign off  on the proofs for my Bible study today.  The cover looked great and the two items that needed fixed were corrected.  Alas, three interior items missed the correction train.  So close...

Even so, it should be going to print next week!  By the time Grown-up Girls comes out, the project will have taken a year.  I had no clue it would be this much work, but I have learned so much.  I will enjoy the finished product for a little while, then get started on the next Bible study.  Hmm...will I rewrite Living Well With Illness or start on another project I've been thinking about?  Time will tell!

My honey and I have been teaching a new marriage class using the fabulous 5 Days to a New Marriage material by Terry Hargrave and Shawn Stoever .  We've read and taught a lot of marriage materials but this is by far the best.  It is built around a simple idea that pain we've experienced has caused us to believe lies about ourselves and we develop coping skills that cause our spouse pain.  That in turn causes our spouse to have negative emotions which they handle with coping skills that cause us pain.  It's called the Pain Cycle.  Understanding this cycle is life-changing in itself, but the material goes on to teach the Peace Cycle where we learn the truth about ourselves and then can respond to one another in a positive and loving manner.  The results are amazing!  And the really cool thing about it is that so much of what is taught in Grown-up Girls is reinforced in 5 Days to a New Marriage.

Hop on over to their website and check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment