Friday, March 11, 2011

Another earthquake...

Do you know about the overnight  8.9 earthquake that caused a tsunami that has wreaked havoc in Japan?  As I'm writing, a tsunami is hitting the Hawaiian islands and tsunami warning sirens are going off on our west coast.  Fortunately, those waves are not large enough to cause much damage.  Hmm...could it be birth pangs?

We look forward to Jesus coming back for lots of reasons. I look forward to seeing Him with my physical eyes and hugging Him. But today I would like to draw our attention to something He did before celebrating that last Passover with His disciples.  Unlike many human leaders, Jesus didn't demand that others meet His needs.  In fact, some of the disciples were arguing about which one was greater when Jesus took off His outer robe, tied a towel around His waist and washed the disciples' feet.  I'm pretty sure there were some faces red with shame in the room.  This is one of many examples of true servanthood He set; the greatest being giving His life to pay for our sins. 

It's so tempting to "toot our horn" and assume that things we do, people we know, positions we have make us important.  Jesus taught and set the example that serving others is what gives us greatness.  Who can we serve today?

Lord, you know that, like the disciples, I yearn to be considered great by others.  Grant me a servant's heart so that I may discover that true greatness is found in humility and service.  Amen
Adam Hamilton

Bathroom Redo Update

I normally try to achieve more than is humanly possible in one day.  So...I didn't even finish priming the walls yesterday.  I ran out of Kilz 2.  Augh!!  I didn't have time to run get some more because my honey and I had an appointment to keep.  After grabbing some tacos, we went to Lowe's and picked up the supplies needed to finish the bathroom.  So, today, the goal is to finish priming - which should take an hour - then texturing the walls and painting the ceiling.  I should be able to prime again and paint tomorrow.  Hopefully...

The current view of the vanity -


Patching holes -


I am REALLY looking forward to this bathroom being finished! 



Today's Recipe - Easter Sunshine Muffins
Taste of Home
Note:  Many of the Easter recipes are part of the Easter traditions in our family.  They are not necessarily "healthy", so use them sparingly.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
(or substitute 2 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour)
1 2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup melted butter
3 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp orange marmalade (or apricot preserves)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Add remaining ingredients; stir just until moistened (batter may be lumpy).  Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until top of muffin springs back when lightly touched.  Yield:  15-18 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment