Thursday, March 10, 2011

An extra place at the supper table...

There's an old custom where families would set an extra place at the supper table as a visual reminder to be thankful to Jesus for providing food and to invite Him to be a part of the dinner conversation.  I really like that idea and think it is especially appropriate during Lent.  What a great way to spark a conversation with your children about spiritual things!

Lord, help me to remember you every time I break bread.  Be present at my table, Lord.  Help me never to forget that you are the bread of life who alone satisfies the deepest longings of my soul. Amen.
Adam Hamilton

Easter Decorations

I found this cute little set of salt and pepper shakers on clearance a couple of years ago.  They are part of the Easter decorations at our house and serve a useful purpose during Easter dinner.


Bathroom Redo Update:
In between Bible study and volunteering, I took my list of items needed for the bathroom along with my project notebook and went shopping.  I need to tell you that I always ask God to help me find items that are discounted or on sale.  He is always faithful!  The only things I didn't purchase were fabric for the valance - I haven't decided what I'm doing yet - and a faucet - I needed to talk to my honey about which faucet to buy.


Today is patching and texturing day.  The goal is to have the room painted tomorrow so we can start putting it back together on Saturday. 

This is what the page looks like in my project notebook.  It really comes in handy because I can never tell if colors are right when I'm at the store to purchase items.  And I do not like returning items to the store.  I want to go buy what I need and be done.




I chose the fabric first - it is the top left floral pattern - then picked out the paint color to coordinate with the fabric. (Note:  I've discovered that it is easier to find paint to go with fabric.  It can be very frustrating to pick a paint color, then search in vain for fabric to go with the color.)  The leopard print is the accent print for the room and the burgundy is the accent color.  I'm ready for it to be done!

Today's Recipe - Mexican Quiche
Colorado Cache Cookbook

I got this recipe from my mom and it is a favorite for holiday breakfasts.
 
1/2 cup butter
10 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
dash salt 
3 - 7 oz cans of diced green chiles
16 oz cottage cheese
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

Melt butter in 9x13 baking dish.  Whisk eggs in large measuring cup.  Add next three ingredients.  Add melted butter, chiles and cheese.  Pour into baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted in center.  Cut while hot, but let cool slightly before removing from pan.  Makes 15 servings or 24 appetizers.
Reheat at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes if refrigerated overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment