Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A gentle answer...

Marriage Tip #12 - Be kind with your words when answering your spouse.

A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1

Ok, I have to be honest here.  More than once I have inferred that my honey is not too bright by how I respond to questions he asks me.  I don't mean to...really.  That's not what I'm thinking...most of the time.  I feel bad every time he calls me on it and I apologize, but it's too late to take back the offensive words.  He processes things more slowly than I do and I find myself being impatient and that's when the harsh words come out of my mouth.  So, basically, I'm finding fault in something he can't help.  Bottom line:  I need to be a safe place for my honey and not a source of anger by giving gentle answers to his questions...even if he just asked the same question 10 minutes before.  That would be the loving thing to do! 

Craft

I love pretty packages!  They can be so easy to put together and can be as simple or layered as you like.  My youngest daughter's birthday was last week and we bought her a hand mixer.  I found this pretty green and white graphic wrapping paper at Target and wrapped the box.  Then I pulled out this spool of wedding tulle and wrapped it around the box to determine how much I needed.  Holding the tulle at that point, I folded back the tulle four times going end to end then cut the tulle off the spool.  I cut open each folded end, wrapped the tulle around the box and, using a clear rubber band, held the tulle together on the top of the box.  I pulled the tulle straight up and cut across the top of the tulle, making the ends all the same length.  The last step was pulling the ends apart, making a pretty fluff on the top of the package.  





Note:  Hobby Lobby has lots of different colors of wedding tulle.

Today's Recipe - Wild Texas Rice
Barbecue Biscuits & Beans - Chuck Wagon Cooking

2 cups long grain rice
1 cup wild rice
6 cups chicken stock
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter

Combine all ingredients in large saucepan with tight-fitting lid.  Bring to boil and stir.  Reduce heat.  Cover tightly and simmer 45 to 50 minutes.  Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes.  Serve piping hot.  Serves 12-14 

No comments:

Post a Comment