Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The storm...

Sometimes God
calms the storm...
sometimes He lets
the storm rage and
calms His child.

O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thoughts from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
and are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Lord, You do know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before,
and laid Your hand upon me.
Psalm 139:1-5

Decor

I really wanted to have this lampshade done yesterday, but I spent too much time at the car dealership waiting for my car to be fixed.  And I have to take it back today so they can replace the broken part with the new ordered part. Yeah...didn't plan on that.  So, I went to plan B!  I got up this morning and finished the project after my honey left for work. Yesterday, I went to Hobby Lobby to get crystals for the center of the muslin flowers.  I quickly found what I was looking for in the scrapbook section.  There were several different items, all the same price, that would work - plain round crystals, pearls or these gemstone brads that I purchased.  They are perfect as flower centers! 


After pushing the brads through the center of each flower, I bent the ends flat to secure the brads. 


I plugged in my glue gun and began gluing the flowers on the lampshade, starting with the flower I liked most on the front of the lampshade.  Then I glued one directly across the lampshade, then one on each side between the front and back flowers.  It was easy to fill in the spaces with the remaining flowers.  A custom lampshade for $3.  I like it!




Today's Recipe - Simple Nutritious Snack

I've been eating more celery because it helps with inflammation in the body.  So, it was easy to come up with this simple but nutritious snack.  Spread one wedge of Laughing Cow cheese onto two pieces of celery.  I really like the garlic and herbs flavor and it is especially good in celery, but you can use whatever flavor you like.  A satisfying snack for 35 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment