Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Goodness of the living God...




His riches continue to shower upon us year by year,
day by day, and moment by moment.
I dare you to contemplate the power 
and love and goodness of the living God,
to let His love flow over you today,
and not feel a soul-deep joy,
an all encompassing peace,
and a rising courage to face the challenges
that this week brings to your life...
consider deeply whether you can accept this glorious wealth 
without sharing it with as many other human beings 
as you possibly can.

Dr. David Jeremiah


Christmas Recipe - Million Dollar Fudge

This is the best fudge I've ever tasted.  It even won Grand Champion at the Logan County Fair.  When I went to see if I had placed, I found an empty plate and a big blue ribbon.  I guess the judge really liked my fudge!

I'm not sure when Mom started making this fudge, but it's been a staple Christmas goodie for our family as long as I can remember.  I made it for our family as our girls grew and now they are making this fudge for friends and family.  It turns out perfectly every time. The tradition goes on...

Warning:  This fudge is 200 calories per square inch!  It's so smooth and just melts in your mouth. You can consume 1000 calories without even blinking.  I speak from experience...

4 1/2 cups sugar
1 can Pet milk (evaporated)
1 1/2 cups butter
12 oz chocolate chips
2 large Hershey bars
7 oz jar marshmallow cream

Put the chocolate chips and broken up Hershey bars in a bowl.

Combine sugar, milk and butter in a large Dutch oven.  Bring to a boil over medium to medium high heat.  Boil for 7 minutes.  Take off the heat.  Add marshmallow cream, chocolate chips and Hershey bar pieces to the Dutch oven.  Beat until smooth.  Pour into a buttered 9x13 glass pan.  Refrigerate until solid.  Cut into 1 inch square pieces.

Note:  I mix the fudge in my Kitchen Aid mixer.  I put the chocolate chips, Hershey bar pieces and marshmallow cream in the mixer bowl and carefully pour in the boiled sugar, milk, butter mixture.  Turn the beater on slowly and let the mixer do the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment