Monday, March 5, 2012

Evidence of spring...

As I was running errands today, I noticed some pear trees that had blossomed.  My lilac bush is budded and daffodils and tulips are making an appearance.  I do love spring!

Spring represents hope - hope for lots of leaves and flowers on beautiful trees, bushes and plants with baby birds chirping for food.  In our neck of the woods, spring also means powerful and sometimes destructive storms.  I'm one of those crazy people outside watching the clouds during thunderstorms.  When we are on a  road trip, I constantly scan the skies for wall clouds and funnels.  They fascinate me.  I just hope I never see one up close and personal, if you know what I mean!

For the next several weeks we will be taking a look at what the Bible says about hope.  It will be very encouraging, especially during this time when there is so much discouraging news.

I know Easter is a month away, but I put out decorations anyway.




Middle East Update

Please go to Joel Rosenberg's weblog and read his latest post.  There is a lot of interesting information for you to know.


Fly Lady

Monday is when the Home Blessing Hour takes place.  How are you doing with your shiny kitchen sink?  Remember, every day is a new day and a new opportunity to Finally Love Yourself!


Preparedness

Today we will look at FEMA's recommendation for food to have on hand for emergencies. 

Store at least a three day supply of non-perishable foods.  Select foods that require little or no water, and do not require refrigeration, preparation or cooking.  If you must heat food, pack a can of cooking fuel.  Select food items that are compact and lightweight.

Suggestions:

Ready-to-eat canned meats, fruits and vegetables
Canned juices, milk, broth, soup (if powdered, store extra water)
Staples such as sugar, salt and pepper
High energy foods such as peanut butter, crackers, granola bars and trail mix
Vitamins and prescription medications
Foods for infants, elderly persons or persons on special diets.
Baby food and formula

I would also suggest that you do not purchase food your family does not normally eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment