Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Yet, I will rejoice...

Even though the following verses do not contain the word hope, they are a wonderful picture of what hope does for us in the face of uncertainty.

Though the fig tree should not blossom,
and there be no fruit on the vines,
though the yield of the olive should fail,
and the fields produce no food,
though the flock should be cut off from the fold,
and there be no cattle in the stalls,

Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God is my strength,
and He has made my feet like hinds' feet,
and makes me walk on my high places.

Habakkuk 3:17-19


Middle East Update

Speaking of uncertainty...

Benjamin Netanyahu spoke to Congress today.  I look forward to watching video of his speech.  Yesterday, when he met with President Obama, he presented the President with a scroll of the book of Esther.  (You can find the whole story in the book of Esther in the Bible.)  It is an amazing story of God protecting His people from a wicked man and sure destruction.  God saved the Jews by making it possible for them to raise up arms and defend themselves from those who tried to kill them.  And God used Queen Esther (who put her life on the line) and the prayers of the Jews to bring about the salvation of the Jews.  It is an amazing story!

Today, Jews still celebrate the victory of this story during the holiday of Purim, which is coming up.   

Note:  I recently talked to an immigrant from Iran who attends our church.  He told me that the people of Iran do not like their leader and see him as a dangerous man who is making their lives very difficult.  Hmmm...don't hear that in the news, do we?!


Hubby's Project

A couple of weeks ago, my honey had to get down on his knees to get a pan out of the cabinet in the kitchen.  Then and there, he determined that I needed pull out shelves for my pans.  Yes, please!  This is the before picture.  I'm sure there are things in the back of the cabinet I've forgotten are there!  I will be posting pictures as progress is made.  They should be finished by this weekend.



Fly Lady 

Tuesday is Plan and Play Day.  I have spent time today planning for my grandson's visit.  We go pick him up tomorrow.  I can't wait!  I just had to get some new "boy" toys for him and Papa to play with and a couple of DVDs that he would enjoy.   I've also planned some play dates with little ones here.  It will be fun and I'm sure the eight days will go by too quickly.   

Last year I made a notebook with games and activities along with a supply box for my granddaughter when she came to visit.  He will be old enough to enjoy the games and activities this year.  Should be fun!


Preparedness

Today's FEMA item is a First Aid Kit.  You can make your own using the following list or buy one at Sam's Club for $20.  FEMA recommends that you have a first aid kit for your home and each of your vehicles.

Checklist:
First aid manual
Sterile adhesive bandages in assorted sizes
Assorted sizes of safety pins
Antibiotic ointment
Latex gloves (2 pairs)
Petroleum jelly
2" and 4" sterile gauze pads (4-6 each size)
Triangular bandages (3)
2" to 3"sterile roller bandages (3 rolls each)
Cotton balls
Scissors
Tweezers
Needle
Moistened towelettes
Antiseptic
Thermometer
Tongue depressor blades (2)
Sunscreen
Prescription drugs
Cleansing agents (isopropyl alcohol, peroxide), soap, germicide
Aspirin and nonaspirin pain reliever
Antacid
Laxative
Syrup of ipecac (use to induce vomiting if advised by the Poison Control Center)
Antidiarrhea medication
Vitamins
Extra pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses

No comments:

Post a Comment