Monday, March 12, 2012

Sustained from my birth...

For You are my hope;
O Lord God, You are my confidence from my youth.
By You I have been sustained from my birth;
You are He who took me from my mother's womb;
my praise is continually of You.

I have become a marvel to many;
for You are my strong refuge.
My mouth is filled with Your praise;
and with Your glory all day long.

Psalm 71:5-8

Have you ever sat and thought about the fact that we are still alive because of God?  No wonder we should praise Him!


Middle East Update

Over 200 rockets were fired into southern Israel from terrorists in Gaza over the weekend.  More details are available on Joel Rosenberg's weblog.  


Fly Lady

Monday brings the Home Blessing Hour.  How are you doing with shining your sink before you go to bed?  I don't get it done every night.  And it's really ok!  But I do love waking up to a clean kitchen...

How is your morning routine going?  Is it helping you love yourself? I continue to be amazed at how getting dressed down to shoes first thing every morning really gets me going.  Trust me, anything that helps me get going any time of day is a good thing!


Pioneer Woman

Have you seen Pioneer Woman on the Food Network yet?  My honey and I watch it together.  I know it sounds funny that my honey would watch anything that has Woman in the title, but we like the show because it's about Ree Drummond, a ranch wife who is a great cook.  I also really get a kick out of watching the family work their ranch.  It takes me back to my growing up years on a ranch and all that fresh air...and hard work...and delicious fresh food!


Ree got started with a blog - thepioneerwoman.com.  There are lots of great recipes (with step by step pictures), stories and ranch pictures on her website.  She also has a great sense of humor!

I've even taken my computer out to my kitchen counter to use several of her recipes.  Yum!


Preparedness

Today's FEMA recommendation for preparedness is to have a supply kit that contains basic tools and necessities that would be beneficial in an emergency.  Good items to have would be:  rope, duct tape, pliers, screwdrivers (flat-head and Phillips), a wrench to turn off household gas/water, scissors, flashlight and extra batteries, cash, compass, work gloves, waterproof matches, aluminum foil, plastic storage containers, signal flare, paper with pens and pencils, needles and thread, medicine dropper,shovel, whistle, plastic sheeting or tarps, map of your area, battery-operated travel alarm, battery-operated radio for news, battery-operated weather radio and extra batteries.  It is also recommended that you keep an emergency preparedness manual with these supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment