Friday, March 2, 2012

A town completely gone...

Tornadoes wiped Marysville, Indiana, off the map today and have done great damage over the last two days.  Meteorologists say it's not over yet as massive storm systems continue to move across the southeast. 

This is a reminder why we need to be prepared for emergencies.  Today's focus is water.  FEMA recommends that we store one gallon of water for every person per day and to have at least a three day supply.  Half of the water is for drinking and the other half is for cooking and sanitation. 

They also recommend that you store your water in containers that won't break or decompose.  "It is very important to thoroughly clean water bottles before re-use and to change stored water every six months."


Fly Lady

Today is Paper Work and Miscellaneous Day.  How are you doing with your Morning Routine?  Did you shine your sink last night? 

My miscellaneous activities included having lunch with a good friend.  I haven't seen her in over a month and we had a lot to catch up on.  God is doing a great work in her life and I loved hearing the stories! 

The thing that stuck with me most from our conversation was her comment that she had been continuously asking God to tell her what He wanted her to do.  The big lesson she learned was that God wanted her to ask why she is doing anything that she is doing and He expected the answer to be that anything she did was to bring Him glory, otherwise she was doing it for her own glory.

Wow!  That really hit me because I've been asking God what He wants me to do.  Now my prayer is, "Father God, help me to be the best housewife, mom and Nanna I can be for Your glory, Lord.  Help every activity in my day to be done with the motivation of bringing glory to Your Name."  I can start by being obedient to what I've learned during February about love...for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment