Friday, March 9, 2012

For the help of His presence...

Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him
for the help of His presence.

Psalm 42:5

The interesting thing about "the help" in this verse is that it changes our countenance.  Think about it - when we are in despair and disturbed inside, it shows up on our face.  We can praise God for the hope He gives us.  It keeps us from despair and being disturbed.  And it shows on our face!

Look in the mirror.  What do you see?  Despair or hope?  


Fly Lady

Friday is Paper work and Miscellaneous Day.  I hope you are Finally Loving Yourself!  It makes it so much easier to love other people.  Hmmm... that sounds like something I read in the Bible...


Recipes 

Have you noticed the rising prices of groceries?  I have decided to make simpler, but still tasty, meals to make up for the growing costs.  My honey wasn't feeling well so I decided to make something that would make him feel loved.  The menu - grilled sandwiches, sweet potato fries and homemade applesauce.  

For the sandwich I put a thin layer of Simply Fruit blueberry jam on two pieces of bread, then natural turkey deli meat and a slice of cheese. 


Then I buttered the outside of the sandwich and sprinkled one side with Tony's Creole Seasoning.


We use Tony's on just about everything.  I actually have three shakers on my stove - pepper, salt and Tony's.  Our son-in-law who is from Mississippi introduced us to this wonderful seasoning.  It's available at Walmart.


Homemade applesauce is quite easy.  For the two of us, I peeled and chopped two Granny Smith apples.  I put them in a small saucepan with a dash of salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 cup water then cooked them over medium heat until the apples were soft.  Just before serving, stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla. 

The sweet potato fries I chose were the Alexia brand.  They are healthy and delicious.  Altogether on a plate, they looked very appetizing.  It was a tasty meal and my honey felt very well taken care of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment