Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The corner of an attic...

It is better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a contentious wife in a lovely home. 
                                                                                    Proverbs 25:24

I enjoy having a lovely home.  In fact, I decorate with the specific purpose of making our home a very welcoming and nourishing place for anyone who comes through the door.  But, I have to be careful to make sure my relationship with my husband is a higher priority than what projects I am working on for the house. He is the one who should feel most welcome and nourished every day. When I become cranky or too tired to meet his needs because all my energies have been focused on what I want done, then I fall into the contentious wife category.  And that happens way too easily!
My husband and I share the gift of hospitality and we love having people in our home.  He appreciates what I have done to make it a comfortable place.  He loves when I figure out how I can reuse something we already have instead of spending money to buy something new.  He is a great help, too, because he can make beautiful and practical things out of scrap lumber.  I draw or show him a picture and he makes it.  I love that you can walk through any room in our house and see projects we have done together.  And I think that is the point - this is his house, too.  I don't want him to feel like it is my house and I allow him to live here. Hmm...the corner of an attic...

Today's Recipe - Bev's Corn Dip
This is delicious with Fritos Scoops and is perfect for watching football.

2 cans Mexicorn - drained
1 can Rotel (Mexican Festival w/ lime and cilantro), drained and juice saved
1 cup mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
1 cup sour cream
8 oz grated cheddar cheese
1 pinch sugar or stevia

Mix all ingredients, chill and serve.  If you want dip to be hotter, add reserved Rotel juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment