Monday, October 18, 2010

So much to do...

I realize that working outside the home, even part-time, forces a homemaker to cut corners when it comes to deep cleaning the house, keeping closets organized and taking care of little home maintenance projects.  The things that have to be done, get done...most of the time.  The things that are not urgent get put off.  One of those little things is the grout between the tile in the bathroom.  I really don't think it was sealed when the tile was put in and it is an unfortunate 1/2 inch wide.  I spent several hours scrubbing with a grout brush that looks like a giant toothbrush.  I actually think the grout looks worse now that I've scrubbed it!  Aaaaaugh! 
I had a lot more fun spray painting two brass lamps that were looking a little poorly and a chair from the attic for my craft room.  I will take pictures of the lamps and post before and after pictures...probably tomorrow.  I'm done for today!

Today's Recipe - My New Favorite Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Multi-Grain Bread
Sliced Provolone or Swiss Cheese
Sliced deli meat
100% fruit raspberry jam
Real butter
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning

Heat up a skillet on medium or a George Foreman grill. Spread jam on two pieces of bread, put cheese on one and meat on the other. Put the two pieces together and spread butter on the outside of the sandwich. 
Sprinkle the Creole Seasoning on both sides of the sandwich and cook.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment