Monday, October 25, 2010

On the road again...

Our two year old granddaughter was so good during today's car trip and didn't hint of a meltdown until we were in the last half hour of the 11 hour trip. She has played and run since we got back and is currently being put to bed.  I plan on going to bed myself within the hour!  Our trip was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed loving on both my grandchildren and spending time with my girls.  My mom was excited to meet her great-grandson, as well.
I will leave you tonight with a delicious recipe from Angie Halten.

Today's Recipe - Seasoned Rice with Pecans
1 cup butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup minced parsley (I use 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
8 cups cooked rice
2 teaspoons thyme
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon celery seeds ( I leave this out)
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups chopped pecans

Melt butter in a pan. Saute the parsley, onion and celery in the butter until transparent and soft. Next, add in the rice and mix together.  Add the remaining seasonings and pecans and mix together until combined and heated through.

Note:  I used half the butter and sauteed the vegetables. Then put uncooked rice and water to make 8 cups of cooked rice, the sauteed vegetables and the rest of the ingredients in my rice cooker and turned it on.  Delicious and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment