Thursday, June 9, 2011

Whatever is pure...

Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.
Philippians 4:8

It's common to see the word "pure" on TV commercials for bottled water.  I'm pretty sure this verse is not referring to water!  What it is referring to are things or people that are clean, innocent, modest or complete.  Wow!  That eliminates 90% of what is shown on TV!  Sad, isn't it?  I don't think we really realize how much what we see in media affects us.  Take inventory of what you watch.  There's a reason God wants us to protect our mind.  It's the gateway to our heart and He wants us to have the rewards of a pure heart.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.
Psalm 139:23-24

Vacation Pics
My honey and I enjoyed a trip to North and South Carolina to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.  Here are a few of the beautiful things we saw.


The rhododendrons and dogwoods were beautiful in Asheville, North Carolina.  And I loved the rock walls that were everywhere.







Today's Recipe - Cucumber Salad
Pampered Chef -
Tip:  cucumbers are good for inflammation

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar or 1 packet stevia
2 tsp minced dill
2 medium cucumbers, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together and chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment