Friday, August 19, 2011

Being happy...

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.  It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."

I have to admit that I used to be guilty of thinking everything had to be perfect in order for me to be happy.  My honey did not share that mindset!  There have been a few conflicts over the years because of my disconnect from reality.  I have learned that happiness is a choice.  Really...really!
Marriage Tip #3 - Choose to be happy.  Waiting for circumstances or people to be perfect to make you happy is not reality.  Choose to be happy with your life as it is - that doesn't mean things can't change. Just be happy right now and embrace the changes as they come.  Choose to be happy with your mate as they are.  Remember that God is in the process of changing both of you. 

Decor

My daughter put balloons around her living/dining room for her daughter's party using unexpected fun things to anchor them.  Check out how she decorated a simple clear flower vase.


Today's Recipe - Mashed Carrots
I have no clue where this recipe came from, but I was obviously at the doctor's office or on vacation somewhere because it is written on paper from the small notebook I keep in my handbag.

1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Cook carrots in a covered saucepan in a small amount of boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until tender.  Drain and return carrots to saucepan.  Add lemon juice and olive oil.  Mash and season with salt and pepper to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment