Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Workation...

We just got home from a workation - yes, you read that correctly.  Normally, when we visit Colorado it is considered a vacation.  This trip was different, but good.  We purposely went to help our moms with home maintenance and my daughter with her daughter's birthday party.  We got a lot of projects done and my granddaughter's birthday party was fun and so cute (pics to come).  So that's why Nanna's kitchen was quiet last week.

Crafts
Here is the promised picture of the finished project for my friend's little boys' bedroom.

 Oops!  I tried to turn this picture so it would be right side up, but the program on my new computer deleted it.  Arrrrgh!  So, I downloaded the pic again and this is how it imported...sorry.  I will get it figured out!!!

Today's Recipe - Mark's Caramelized Onions
Note:  The recipes the rest of this month through September will feature side dishes.

1 whole yellow onion, sliced

Mix:
2 tsp flour
1 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp each pepper and salt
pinch of cinnamon

Saute the onions in a little bit of olive oil until softened.  Add the mix and continue to saute until the onions turn a nice caramel color.


No comments:

Post a Comment