Monday, August 29, 2011

Don't be selfish...

Marriage Tip # 9 - Don't dismiss what your spouse wants.  Selfishness is the number one enemy of a healthy marriage.  No one has to be taught to be selfish.  It comes naturally!
 
Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends.  Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top.  Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead.  Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage.  Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.

Philippians 2:3-4
The Message

Decor

I know that technically fall is not here for another three weeks.  But haven't you noticed that the sunlight is changing from lemon yellow to a golden yellow?  Well, I'm going with it!  Fall is my favorite time of year and I am hoping that we will have a long beautiful fall.  So...I pulled out my fall decorations and have begun setting some of them out.  Ah...I love fall!

This is my fall centerpiece for the dining room table.


My kitchen table is sporting a new wreath I picked up last year at a greatly reduced price at the beginning of Christmas season.  I also changed out the clear glass beads and blue candle in the hurricane for dried beans, peas and lentils along with a fall candle.





Today's Recipe - Hawaiian Rice
My own original recipe

20 oz can crushed pineapple
4 oz can diced green chiles
2 cups Minute brown rice
1 cup water
1/2 tsp each - salt, pepper, Tony's Creole seasoning
1/2 - 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Mix in pan and bring to a boil.  Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes or until rice is tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment