Monday, August 1, 2011

Two little boys...

Two precious little boys were born to friends in different cities today.  One weighed 9 pounds and the other just over 4 pounds.  Both are doing well and both have potential to be men who will someday influence their world for good. 

I can't help but think about the potential for influence I have in the lives of the children I come into contact with.  I'm Nanna Jo to my own grandchildren, but God has also blessed my honey and me with spiritual grandchildren, who call me Nanna Jo as well.  They have all changed our lives and our home reflects the change with children's books and toys in baskets on the lower shelves of the nice bookshelves in the living room.  The back yard no longer sports a volleyball net, but contains a jungle gym with swings, a slide, a rock climbing wall, and a fort.  There's lots of comfy chairs for the adults to sit on and visit while the kiddos play. 

The funny thing is, the kids love most to play with the landscaping rocks and kindling wood for the chiminea and they never tire of climbing the hill and racing down to the bottom.  The water in the dog's dish holds a fascination for them, too.  Go figure! 

It's amazing to watch them grow and go through stages, some more difficult than others (two year olds are just crazy!), and to watch and encourage the parents as they train these precious children with unique personalities who can scream and hit and pitch fits and be naughty as all get out.  Most of all, I just want all these children to know that they are loved at Nanna Jo's house! And I will never get tired of little arms wrapped around my neck or my knee.  I love little people hugs!

Tomorrow I need to make my granddaughter's painting apron for her birthday which is coming up quickly.  I will post pictures.  We are getting ready for another trip and I have not organized my August blogging yet.  So, this is it for today.  Hopefully, I will be able to sit down with my day timer tomorrow and get things planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment