Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A New and Living Way...

Note:  I changed the comment settings so it will be easier for my dear readers to comment on these posts.  Conversation is vital in Nanna's Kitchen!

Did you know that Jesus provided us a new way to come before God?  Did you know that we don't have to feel guilty before God?  Look at these verses from Hebrews 10:19-23. They are a wonderful reminder of how, because of Jesus, we don't have to go through a human priest to approach the throne of God in prayer.

Therefore, brothers and sisters,
since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain,
that is, his body, 
and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith,
having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience 
and having our bodies washed with pure water.
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess,
for he who promised is faithful.


Fly Lady
Today is Plan and Play Day.  This is when you sit down with a calendar, pen and paper (or a smart phone) and plan out your week.  The following items are what Fly Lady suggests you plan:

menu/grocery list
activities
     date night
     daily activities/schedule for kiddos
     family fun night
wardrobe 
prescriptions refilled
anything else that needs planned for this week

When you are done - play!  Do something that you want to do!

Crafts/Decor
My honey asked what I wanted for my birthday.  I told him I had seen a really cute little cabinet that I would like for our entry.  So, we went to check it out.  He said it wasn't well built and he didn't want to spend money on something that was a piece of junk that would end up in a garage sale.  BUT, he said he could build the exact cabinet for me.  Ok, then!  He took a couple of days off and four days later I had my new cabinet.  It turned out to be too big for the entry so I moved the dry sink and mirror back to the entry and put the new cabinet in the living room.  It fits perfectly and we use it to store our games.  Pretty and practical!

The cabinet in the store:


The cabinet my honey made:




No comments:

Post a Comment