Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A New Strength...

It is very interesting that these verses were on my calendar for today's blog post.  I have been struggling with chronic fatigue (caused by Epstein Barr) since Thanksgiving and today is one of those seemingly wasted days.  Blah! 

I've had some good days where I was able to enjoy my family and friends and days when I felt well enough to get some projects, housework or yard work done!  I thank God for those days...

I'm learning to thank Him for the swollen gland feelin' yucky days, too.  I seem to get a lot of praying done on those days...

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, 
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:29-31


Middle East Update

Joel Rosenberg's blog post for today is his very interesting reaction to the President's State of the Union address last night instead of Middle East news.  I watched most of the address and was a little concerned with what I heard.  President Obama talked about Congress needing to put aside their ideology and work together for the good of the American people and then promoted his ideology throughout the rest of the speech with all his new ideas, agencies and appointments.  I kept asking my honey who was going to pay for all of it.  Hmmm...


Fly Lady

Wednesday is Anti-Procrastination Day.  Even when I'm feeling bad, I can usually manage to knock one item off my project list and it helps to feel like my day hasn't been a total waste.  If I can do it, you can do it! 

Have you made your bed today?!  Just do it!  Set your timer for two minutes and try to make your bed before the timer goes off.  I'm pretty sure it won't take you that long unless you have a ton of decorative pillows that have to be arranged just so...

No comments:

Post a Comment