Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A ReNewed Spirit...

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psalm 51:10

It never ceases to amaze me what God uses to renew a steadfast spirit in me!  This last weekend, He used a young lady in our home who had a serious anxiety attack to remind me how He had freed me.  I was able to walk her through the truth about anxiety attacks and what to do when she felt one coming on.  Like me at her age, she had no clue that she could do anything about these attacks.  I praise God for the truth I have learned and was able to pass on to her, freeing her from her torment through His truth that sets us free! 

FYI - anxiety attacks make you feel like you can't breathe and that you are dying.  The truth is that you can control your anxiety attacks.  You tell yourself to just keep breathing and that you are just having an anxiety attack and are not dying.  It will go away as you keep telling yourself the truth.  Ask God to show you why you are anxious and ask Him to remove it.  Focus on the words from your favorite praise and worship songs and thank God for His truth that sets us free. 

Then, last night, while I was waiting to go to sleep, I was praying for another dear young woman. I had a sense that something had just not been right with her.  As I was praying for her, God gave me a vision of a waterless river rolling over and around her and her car as she was driving home from Bible study.  I knew it was His protection over her.  Today, I sent her a text asking if anything unusual had happened last night.  She replied that she had been suffering from a spirit of depression, but God lifted it from her it last night and her spirit was definitely calmer. It gave me goosebumps!

Ok, this is the first time I have had a vision like this, but God has spoken to me on several occasions - I have only heard Him audibly one time...the rest of the times I just "hear" Him in my spirit.  Sounds a little weird, I know, but I grew up in a solid Bible church and am a Precept student.  I have noticed that it never happens outside of prayer or Bible study.  Talk about renewing a steadfast spirit in me, though!!  Wow!


Middle East Update

Things are going downhill in the Middle East!  Head on over to Joel Rosenberg's weblog after you finish reading this post and check it out.


Fly Lady

Tuesday is Plan and Play Day.  Plan out your week - make sure you plan to spend time with God even if it is only 10 minutes reading the Bible.  You can keep a prayer list with you and pray throughout the day.

Did you make your bed this morning?  If not, run make your bed!  Do it now!!  You will be glad when this is a habit.


Decorating

A short word on decorating - God is a God of order.  Have you noticed lately that He has beautifully decorated our world?  Just sayin'...

We have little ones at our house frequently and a couple of them love to play with the decorations on the coffee table, which is not always a safe thing for the kiddos.  So, I found a decorative tray at T.J. Maxx for under $20. The decorations went on to the tray and now I can whisk the tray and the decorations away out of their reach when they come over.  Problem solved!


No comments:

Post a Comment