Friday, January 20, 2012

A New Thing...

Do not call to mind the former things,
or ponder things of the past.
Behold, I will do something new,
now it will spring forth;
will you not be aware of it?
I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,
rivers in the desert.

Isaiah 43:18-19

As a family, we love getting out the photo albums and reminiscing over the trips we took together.  We laugh at the inside jokes we have from each trip and have a great time talking about what we gained from the experiences.  

Have you ever seen photo albums that are a pictorial record of the mistakes one has made?  Probably not, because they should have all been burned!  No one should go over those memories again and again.  It is good, however, to realize what one has learned over the years from those mistakes.

Even better, why not look to God for the new thing He is going to do in your life?!  Be watching so you don't miss it!


Fly Lady

Friday is declutter your purse and car day.  Set your timer for 15 minutes and get it done!  How are you doing with the Morning Routine and the Before Bedtime Routine?  Too much?  Pick one and work on it until you do it without even thinking. 


Household Tip - Removing Price Tag Stickers

I must confess - price tag stickers annoy me.  I'm not sure why...they just do.  When I was a new bride, one of my sisters-in-law thought it was hilarious that I would remove all the stickers off of everything I purchased, even groceries!  I'm not that picky any more - life is just too short!  But, stickers must come off any new decorating items.  

Thanks to Pinterest, I have discovered that olive oil is great for removing stickers.  You just peel off as much of the paper as possible, then rub olive oil into what is left of the sticker.  Wait 15 minutes, then scrape it off.  If there is any residue left, simply scrub it off with a scrubber sponge.

I needed new soap dispensers for our master bathroom sinks and found some at Ross for $3 each!  I love a great deal!  But, the huge price tag stickers didn't come off cleanly.  I used the olive oil trick and you can't even tell there had been stickers on the bottoms of the jars.




Note:  Don't use on fabrics - the oil could stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment