Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love always hopes and perseveres...

Did you know that in Ireland there is an old custom that on February 29 women can propose to their boyfriends?  Talk about hoping and persevering! 

Seriously, let's look at the Greek definition for these two words:

Hopes - To expect with desire, hope in the manner of trust, to confide.  To set one's hope upon something, that is the hope of future good fortune.  It is a decision one makes to hope, not an attitude that miraculously appears!

Perseveres - (Ok...this one is not as positive, but definitely is still an attitude that one chooses.)  To remain under, that is, to endure or sustain a load of miseries, adversities, persecutions or provocations in faith and patience.

Tomorrow, we will wrap up our lessons on love.  I know I've learned a lot...mostly how I still have a lot to learn about loving others...


Middle East Update

The U.S. and Israel are meeting this week.  Things are a little tense, to say the least.  Yahoo news has had several articles every day on this situation.  Make sure you read up so you know what's going on.  Be prepared!


Fly Lady

Wednesday is Anti-Procrastination Day. 

I figured I had put off going to the doctor long enough.  I haven't felt well since before Thanksgiving.  It's normal for me to not feel well when seasons change, but it usually doesn't last this long.  So, I called to make an appointment and - what do you know - they had an opening this morning.  I went, I felt silly telling my doctor the same ole symptoms (well, except that weird looking bump on my right index finger - I've been told it will scare the children - thanks, guys...) and told him it had been almost three years since I had been in to see him and I just wanted a check up to make sure there wasn't anything else that needed taken care of.  He is so patient...

They took so much blood, I had to go home and eat some dark chocolate!  Ok...I know that's not true.  It just sounded like a really good excuse...to eat chocolate.


Today's Recipe - Mini Caprese Salads
These are easy to make and are so fresh and tasty and make super cute appetizers.

Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Soft mozarella cheese or chilled cream cheese, cut in 1/4-1/2" thick squares
Fresh basil leaves
Balsamic vinegar

Take a bottom half of a cherry tomato, place a square of cheese on the bottom half and top with the top half of the tomato. 


 Place a fresh basil leaf on top of the tomato.  Push a toothpick through the leaf and all the way through the cheese and tomato.  Place on a serving tray.  When all the mini "salads" are made, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.


I made these for my honey to take to work and didn't sprinkle the vinegar on the salads until right before he went to work.  And I forgot to take a picture of the finished salads.  Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment