Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love is not rude...

Rudeness is becoming a way of life in our country.  There seem to be fewer and fewer cultural boundaries on how people treat one another.  The freedom to express oneself regardless of how it makes others feel, is perceived to be a right of the individual.  And women are just as bad as men.  TV shows and movies are full of rudeness.

This is the definition of rude in Webster's New Dictionary:

Being in a rough or unfinished state: crude; primitive, undeveloped, simple; lacking refinement or delicacy; ignorant, unlearned, inelegant, uncouth; offensive in manner or action; discourteous; uncivilized, savage; coarse, vulgar; marked by or suggestive of lack of training or skill; inexperienced; forceful, abrupt.

 Can we change our culture?  I don't know.  But, we can be loving instead of rude.  We can teach our children to be loving instead of rude.  We can respond to rude people with love instead of our own version of legalistic rudeness.  We can be loving instead of giving ourselves an out because of a personality or temperament weakness.  God will hold us accountable for how we treat others.  And He can because even though He is treated the most rudely by humans, He is the most loving being of all.  He has set an example for us to follow.  How are we (me included) doing with that?  Just sayin'...


Fly Lady

Thursday is Errand Day.  I don't have any errands to run today, so I will keep working on my menu.  Today, I plan on separating recipes according to calorie count then making lists of recipes and snacks in categories of number of calories.  My honey doesn't complain about a mess in the kitchen, but this morning he asked what was taking so long in making a menu (I've had stacks of recipes and cookbooks spread out on the kitchen counter all week).  So, I told him about my plan.  He told me he appreciated all the work I was doing to prepare healthy meals.  If I do this right, I will have a master plan for menus.  Then, when I find a new recipe I want to try, I can plug it into the plan.  I'm hoping to spend less on groceries, too.  Has anyone else noticed how expensive groceries are getting?!

Keep calm and carry on!  There's a lot going on in our world, but don't let yourself get distracted.  A daily routine brings a calmness to your home.

Make your bed.
Get dressed down to your shoes.
Swish and swipe your bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment