Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Love is not easily angered...

I am finally feeling well enough to get some things done!  Yea!  Ok, back to love. Let's look at the next two phrases:

not easily angered...
This means easily provoked or exasperated.

it keeps no record of wrongs... 
This phrase means to keep an inventory of worthless or injurious things.

Probably for the first ten years or so of our marriage, I thought that I could just put aside things my honey said or did that hurt my feelings.  I mistakenly thought that I was being submissive.  Goodness!  The things we believe when we don't know the truth...

Back to the story... Stuffing all those feelings down inside was only possible for so long and I spent a lot of time being exasperated with him.  About twice a year, I would explode and the record of all my honey's wrong would come spilling out of my mouth.  I will never forget when he looked at me and said, "Would you just tell me when I do something that makes you mad?"   What a novel concept!

Now, when he does or says something that hurts my feelings, I pray that God would help me to understand the truth about the situation and that He would help me to kindly explain my feelings to my honey.  I no longer carry around the burden of that record of all his wrongs that I used to keep.  It's so much easier!


Homemaking Tip

The last time I was packing my honey's suitcase for a business trip, I noticed that his suitcase was looking a bit shabby. 


 I thought I would have to go look for a new suitcase for him, but then got an idea.  I would see if I could make it look a little less shabby.  I got a pair of scissors and my sweater shaver.  First, I cut off as much of the loose fibers with the scissors as I could.


Then, I used the sweater shaver (which I had previously purchased at Walmart) and shaved off as much as I could. 


 It looks so much better!  Maybe it will do for another year or so...


Now I just need to figure out what to use to get the dirt off the tan part.  Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment