Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love is...

February is the month we celebrate love.  So, of course we are going to look at the "love verses" from the Bible!

Love is patient,
love is kind,
and is not jealous;
love does not brag and is not arrogant,
does not act unbecomingly;
it does not seek its own, 
is not provoked,
does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness,
but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things,
believes all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things.
Love never fails...

I Corinthians 13:4-8a


Fly Lady

Wednesday is Anti-Procrastination Day.  Have you started a list of the projects around the house that you need to get done?  If you haven't made your list yet, maybe that's where you need to start today.  Just get your list started.  Set your timer for 15 minutes and walk around the house with paper and pen.  When the timer goes off, you are done for today.  

The item I worked on today was getting a two week menu started.  Ugh!! Why is this so difficult?!  After some time on the internet, I finally came up with a framework that I will be able to plug foods and recipes into.  So much easier!!  I'm very thankful for the healthy delicious recipes I've gotten from Clean Eating magazine.  You will see more of their recipes posted here at Nanna's Kitchen!

Don't you just love your made bed?  It's so much prettier!  Isn't it amazing how much more you are getting done just by getting dressed down to your shoes first thing in the morning?  

FYI - Fly in Fly Lady stands for Finally Loving Yourself.  Cute!


Today's Recipe - Stir Fry Steak and Peppers




My honey and I are big fans of Pioneer Woman on the Food Network on Saturdays.  Having grown up on a ranch, it really brings me back to my roots.  And Ree Drummond puts together the most delicious meals.  So, I hopped on her website to look at the recipes.  She had a recipe that was similar to this one, but I didn't have all the ingredients.  So, I used what I had and came up with this recipe, which is scrumptious if I say so myself!  My honey said it's a keeper.  I served it with diced cucumbers and tomatoes sprinkled with Tony's Creole Seasoning.

1 lb. steak, cut in thin strips
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (red, yellow, orange)

Gather the ingredients to make the marinade - everything but the steak, onion, peppers and oil.  Whisk the ingredients together and set aside.


Cut the steak into thin strips and put into a shallow dish.


Pour the marinade over the steak strips and toss to coat the strips.  Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.




 About 1/2 hour before your meal, get your skillet hot then pour in the oil.  Stir fry the onions and peppers just until edges begin to turn golden.  Set aside.


Yep, I cheated and used a bag of frozen onion and peppers slices!

Use a slotted spoon to get the meat out of the marinade. Save the marinade,  Stir fry the meat for four minutes. 


 Add the onions and peppers to the meat and pour the reserved marinade over the top.  Gently stir to coat veggies and meat.  Cover and cook over low heat until meat is done.  Serve over pasta or rice.
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment