Monday, June 18, 2012

The grands are coming...

My honey and I moved away from our families on our first anniversary because of the recession and a job transfer. When we had our girls, we felt it was important for them to know their grandparents and extended family so we took the long drive "home" at least twice a year. 

Our girls want their kids to know and love each other and their extended family, as well, so the old tradition has started with the next generation since all of them live away from "home".  Yea!  We have Face Time on our phones so we can "see" each other, but there's just something about waking up and seeing those sleepy faces at breakfast knowing you have all day to get caught up on hugs and kisses and reading books together and playing and cuddling...

I have been searching out ideas for my active little grands on Pinterest and have found enough to keep them busy while they are here...and away from boredom and trouble.  Even though I love my grands dearly, they do have a sin nature.  LOL!!  So precious...

One of the activities was shown to me by my middle daughter when she was here at Easter.  She crushed up some sidewalk chalk, added water and made sidewalk paint.  I have not met a child who does not like playing with water so colored water is even better!  We gave my granddaughter a sponge paint brush and let her paint to her heart's desire on the patio. 




A little of this paint goes a long way.  I put lids on the jars and they are in my craft closet waiting for the grands to get here.  I think I will put names on the handles of the brushes so there will be no fighting over them...or maybe they need to learn conflict resolution.  Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment