Friday, June 1, 2012

I come to the garden alone...

One of my favorite hymns from the time I was little is The Garden.  I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses...and I walk with Him and I talk with Him and He tells me I am His own...  Maybe that hymn is why I love gardens.  They represent my relationship with God.  Both are beautiful if worked on daily.  Weeds/sin not pulled out and destroyed can mar either one, as well. 

My granddaughter helped me plant strawberries in between the blueberry bushes.  I finished up the planting with squash, cantaloupe, peppers, basil and tomatoes.  We are hoping the newspaper that was laid under the dirt will keep the weeds at bay and make the garden low-maintenance. I am really looking forward to eating the fruits of my labor.  Yum!








No comments:

Post a Comment