Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Saving a children's book...

When I was in elementary school, my parents would let me buy a Scholastic Book when the order papers were handed out in class.  It seemed to take forever for the books to come in and I would be so excited when the teacher announced that she would hand out the books the students had ordered at the end of the school day.  One of my favorite books I ordered through Scholastic Books was Too Much Noise.  It is a great story about a man who gets a change in his perspective and learns to be thankful for what he has instead of griping about things that annoy him.

The book has traveled with me and my family as we have moved to different homes in different places.  It weathered well until I started reading it to my grandchildren.  When the cover fell off, I sadly took it off the shelf and placed it on my project pile in my craft room.  I just couldn't figure out what to do with it so I could continue to read it to little ones. 

Then I got an idea - why not put it in a photo album?!  And that is what I did.  Now the book is back on the shelf with the other children's books to be enjoyed for many years to come.

Before:  (poor old book!)


An 8x8 photo album with extra pages:


I carefully took the pages off the binding, one at a time:


Each page was trimmed on two sides to fit into the protectors:



The papers in the protector pages were removed so both sides of each book page could be seen:

No comments:

Post a Comment