Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A heart attitude...

"Every time we open the Scripture or hear the Word proclaimed, it ought to be with the prayer that God will open our eyes to see any areas where we have been deceived, and with a heart attitude that says, 'Lord, Your Word is Truth; I will submit to whatever You say.  Whether I like it or not, whether I feel like it or not, whether I agree with it or not, whether it makes sense or not, I choose to place my life under the authority of Your Word - I will obey.'"
                                                                                        Nancy DeMoss

Ok, her heart attitude is a little convicting, isn't it!  The above statement is easy to agree with but difficult to carry out.  I find selfishness creeping in too often. Too many times I do not ask God what it is He has for me that day because I have my own agenda.  None of them are bad things and alot of them are things that have to be done.  But lately I have been wondering what blessings I have missed because of a sinful heart attitude.  I know this is all part of God's work in my life and I am so grateful that I am becoming more and more willing to obey where ever He leads. 


Decorating Project:
Mom's home office is finished!  It is so cute and hopefully a place where she will be more comfortable while she takes care of distasteful tasks.  I will post pictures next week.  So cute!


Today's Recipe - Yummy Healthy Vegetables
It's easy to get stuck in a rut when making vegetables.  So, one day, I experimented with some spices and came up with this tasty recipe.

2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
1/2 cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Tony's Creole Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon tumeric
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste

Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil.  Add the vegetables and saute until soft. If they get dry, add a little water.  Mix the spices and sprinkle over the vegetables, stirring well. 
Can be eaten with a piece of whole grain garlic bread for a quick lunch or served with lean meat or fish and a salad for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment