Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Always giving thanks...

...speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;
always giving thanks for all things in the name of 
our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father.
Ephesians 5:19-20

Music has always been an important part of my life.  Mom even made my brothers and me perform in front of the ladies of the home extension meeting when we were young kids.  It was nerve wracking, but the food was delicious!  We grew up singing and playing instruments, too.  Mom and Dad played instruments and we all sang "specials" at church.  Choir was an important part of my life all the way through college.  

Isn't it interesting that this passage tells us to give thanks to God through music?  Something to think about...

Home Tips

We have a leather sofa and love seat that we have really enjoyed...a lot!  It is showing some wear and tear and I was looking for a product to make it look better.  Then, I read that someone had used shoe polish to repair leather.  Why didn't I think of that?!!!  The leather isn't perfect, but it looks so much better.  I rubbed the places where I had applied the polish with a paper towel so polish wouldn't get on anyone's clothes.

Before:

What I used:


After:

No comments:

Post a Comment