Friday, November 11, 2011

A small Psalm...

Psalm 100 is small but packed full of thanksgiving!

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God. 
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.


Today's Recipe - Shredded Braised Chicken Breasts
I found a post on Pinterest where they shredded cooked chicken in their Kitchen Aid mixer. Really?!  This I had to try!  So, I looked up a recipe for braising chicken and tried it.  It works and is very tasty as well!

Mix and put on a plate:
garlic powder
onion powder
salt and pepper (I used lots of pepper)

Coat both sides of 4 chicken breasts with the spices on the plate.  Saute chicken in 1 Tbsp coconut oil until golden. Add water to cover chicken.  Put the lid on the pan and cook for one hour.



Strain the liquid and save.  (If you aren't going to use it immediately, put it in a freezer bag and freeze for later.)

While chicken is still warm, put it in the bowl of your Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle attachment and turn on at 4-6 speed for about 20 seconds.  Easy peasy!



I used some on my honey's lunch salad yesterday with some craisins, cucumber slices and balsamic vinegar dressing.  He loved it.  I made a chicken salad sandwich with mayo and a little brown mustard for my lunch today. It was delicious!  I'm thinking chicken enchiladas, tortilla soup, chicken tacos...

No comments:

Post a Comment