Wednesday, November 2, 2011

As we forgive...

And forgive us our debts, 
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
Matthew 6:12

It's wonderful that God forgives our debts (sins).  But read this verse again.  There is a qualifier.  We are to ask God to forgive our debts the same way we forgive other people's debts against us. Ouch!!

Let's look at some definitions -

debtor - "an offender, a trespasser, one who is a debtor or obliged either to render reparation or suffer punishment."  Let's face it.  We are really good at demanding others make amends or suffer the consequences for hurting us.  But let's look at the other half of the definition to forgive.

forgive - "We are never expected to forgive the sins of others because we have no power to do so, but we are expected to forgive others.  This means that we should do everything in our power to see that the sins of others are removed from them through the grace and power of Jesus Christ."  And through God's grace, forgiving someone means not letting their sins have any more power over you. 

Toddler Sleeping Time

I really didn't want to get out the twin air mattress for my granddaughter because it takes up so much space in my craft room.  Then I saw this great idea on Pinterest.  I dug through my pillowcase basket and found five green pillow cases.  (I didn't even know I had that many green pillow cases!)  I laid them out side to side, then sewed them together.  It took all of ten minutes.  Final step - stuff them with pillows.  It made a pallet the perfect size to use one pillow for a headboard and fit her child size sleeping bag.  The only problem was the sleeping bag slid off the pillows.  Now I just need to figure out what to use to keep the sleeping bag from slipping - maybe a non-slip mat that goes under a rug...




No comments:

Post a Comment