Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sing for joy...

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving 
and extol him with music and song.
Psalm 95:1,2

Well, this is interesting!  Music is very important to us and, according to this passage, to God.  What about the music we listen to?  Could it be categorized as joyful and thankful?  Do you sing joyful and thankful songs to God on a daily basis?  Interesting thought...

Decor

The bed skirt on our bed was driving me nuts! I have tugged and pulled on it to get it off the floor only to have it sag and look frumpy a day later. 

 
I have told you all before that I do not come up with many ideas on my own, but I can imitate other creative people.  Well, when I was shopping for a new bed skirt for the guest bed, I found out about bed skirt pins.  (This was at the same shop with the $400 silk bed skirt that I passed on!)  The saleslady just happened to mention that I could probably do the same thing with safety pins.  My ears perked up - I had safety pins at home.  I love a FREE solution to a decorating problem!

Our bed is a king size bed so I can't pick up the mattress by myself, so I shoved the mattress to each side, pulled up the bed skirt, and pinned it to the box spring.  On this first photo, if you look carefully you can see "ribs" in the box spring.  It was easier to get the pins in if I poked the pin in on one side and up the "rib".  You can see how far I spaced the pins out in the second picture - about one foot apart.


There was no where to shove the mattress so I could pin the end of the bed skirt.  I couldn't hold up the mattress and pin at the same time.  Hmmm...what to do?  Well, I lifted the mattress and shoved a small stool underneath to hold it up.  Worked great! (I still pulled some muscles...ouch!)


It was such a simple solution and our bed doesn't look frumpy anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment