Friday, November 4, 2011

Deliver us from evil...

Lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil... 

Evil is all around us and becoming more and more prevalent in our world.  The word for evil in the Lord's Prayer means more than you think.  And deliver means more in the original language as well.  When you understand the definitions of the words in this phrase, you can't help but picture it in your mind.

Deliver - "properly denotes to draw with force and violence, to drag, pull, meaning to deliver or to draw out of danger or calamity and to liberate."  Can you picture God reaching down from heaven, grabbing the back of your collar and dragging you to safety?!

Evil - "labor, sorrow, pain.  Evil in a moral or spiritual sense:  wicked, malicious, mischievous  Satan is the author of all the mischief in the world."  If you're like me, you assumed that evil only meant the second part of the definition.  But think about it, evil can also be identified as labor, sorrow and pain.  I certainly want to be delivered from those as well!  Can you picture God dragging you away from those things, freeing you from them?  He can and does!  And according to this prayer, we are to ask Him to do that for us. That must mean we NEED to ask Him to deliver us from evil.  Hmmm...


Craft

I was on Pinterest and saw this great FREE idea.  I've been wanting to get a different cover for my iphone and this took all of 10 minutes.  If I get tired of it or decide I want something different, it will be a breeze to change. 

First, I took the covers off my iphone then used the inside cover to trace the new insert on the back side of a piece of scrapbook paper.  I cut it out and put it all back together.  Easy peasy!
Note:  cut the small hole using a hole punch.






There wasn't much to choose from when I got my phone, but I was getting a little tired of the gecko...
This is much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment