Thursday, November 17, 2011

Everlasting lovingkindness...

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
for his lovingkindness is everlasting.

Give thanks to the Lord of gods,
for his lovingkindness is everlasting.

Give thanks to the Lord of lords,
for his lovingkindness is everlasting.
Psalm 136:1-3

I think you get the picture!  God will always and forever be known for his lovingkindness. Just a reminder:  he is personally involved with us, he is committed to us and he offers us redemption from sin, enemies and troubles.  Thank you, Lord!

Preparing for Thanksgiving

Have you started on your preparations yet?  One of the things on yesterday's list was cleaning and decluttering.  I have a Swiffer duster, which I love, but always felt a little guilty as I threw the used dusters away.  So, when I was on Pinterest looking for ideas for our life group Pinterest party, I found instructions for a duster that can be washed and used over and over.  And talk about easy - it took all of ten minutes from start to finish.

The first thing I did was dig out my fleece scraps and decided on a color.  I chose white.  I guess I want to see just how dusty my house is!  I used one of the Swiffer dusters as a pattern and cut out four layers.  

Then I simply sewed three straight seams, again using the Swiffer duster as a guide, and trimmed the edges to make them even.




The last step was to cut the strips in towards the outer seams. (Next time, I will use my pinking shears so the strips will have the zig zag strips like the original duster.  Why didn't I think of that the first time?!) Again, I used the Swiffer duster as a guide.  Shake to fluff and slide onto the handle, ready to use.  If your fleece hasn't been washed yet, you will need to wash it before using.  DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTENER!





Couldn't be easier.  Think of the money I will save!  I will make at least two more to have on hand.  Hmm...could be stocking stuffers for my girls, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment