Monday, May 7, 2012

Illuminating the darkness...

One of my daughters reminded me of this verse this morning:

For You do light my lamp;
The Lord my God illumines my darkness.
Psalm 18:28

     Have you felt the darkness that can come over one's life suddenly, without notice?  It seems there is little one can do and sometimes the feelings of anxiety and loneliness overwhelm one's mind.  The wonderful thing about a relationship with God is that we are not alone.  He is always available to bring "light" into our lives.  He is always there for us and is trustworthy in His love.  

Need a little illumination in your life?  Turn to the light of God's Word and enjoy the warmth of His presence.


Decorating

There was something off about my dining room and I just couldn't put my finger on what it was.  Then one day I was standing in the doorway trying to figure out what wasn't working when I realized that there were seven different metal finishes in the room.  It looked unbalanced and visually cluttered.








Simple solution:  A $7 can of spray paint!


Now, every metal in the room is an oil rubbed bronze color except the chandelier and the room no longer has a mish mash look.  Much better, especially the piano light!  Much thanks to my middle daughter for the decorating help!

With all the squares and rectangles in the room, I felt a round mirror would look nice above the piano.  Yep, I have expensive taste!  The round metal piece was the perfect size and color and was on sale at Hobby Lobby for $20! 




My next project in the dining room will be to paint over the burgundy.  That area will be painted the same color as the molding and chair rail.  "Panels" made with inexpensive molding will add interest.  We will be installing a dark wood floor (the current floor was damaged by a water leak) and the room will be too dark with the burgundy.  Pictures will be coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment